Just saying that makes me hungry.
I cant' wait for turkey, mashed potatoes, and, of course, pumpkin pie with a generous portion of whipped cream.
But in addition to hungry, the word "thanksgiving" makes me think of how thankful I am for all the people who have helped me throughout my life. And this includes you! Thank you for faithfully reading and sharing my weekly LinkedIn tips.
So, in sticking with the thanksgiving/gratitude theme, I thought I would highlight some of the specific LinkedIn features and tools you can use to show your gratitude to those you are most thankful for.
These features are grouped by expected time commitment, from Good (takes just seconds; one turkey drumstick ) to Best (ten minutes; three turkey drumsticks). These actions will give your friends some "LinkedIn love" that will increase their exposure on the site, but it may also lead to your next great opportunity!
- Endorse one or more of their Skills
- "Like" one of their individual status updates
- "Like" one their company status updates
- "Like" a group discussion they started
- Engage in a group discussion they have posted by affirming their knowledge and expertise or recommending their related products or services
- Comment on one of their individual status updates
- Comment on one of their company status updpates
- Share with your network or some of your groups a friend's status update that highlights his/her knowledge and expertise
- Write a specific, results-oriented recommendation for their personal profile
- Write a specific, results-oriented recommendation for one of their products or services on their company page
- Post an individual status update to your network describing the value of your friend's products and services, and encourage them to reach out to you for an introduction
- Share your friend's profile with people in your network who should really know your friend
- Ask your friend to review your network and let you know if he/she would like any introductions
- Review your network and think about which of your connections you should introduce to your friend
So, as you sit in front of the football game this weekend, why not take a moment to thank a few of your friends by sharing some "LinkedIn love"!