Are you one of the many people I hear from each week who are still waiting for something to “happen” on LinkedIn?
Lots of people spend lots of time on LinkedIn, but not everyone is getting results. Well, that’s because there can be no ROI if you don’t know how to use it!
Also, because LinkedIn is not very intuitive, many users haven’t even found the features that will produce the most dramatic results.
Therefore, I’ve developed Explode Your Revenues Using LinkedIn, an easy-to-use online training course to help everyone, from novice users to the most savvy users, grow their business. The course includes The Five C’s, my proven five-step process for LinkedIn success.
*Special $100 introductory discount on this course ends at midnight 8/26.
5 Steps to LinkedIn Success
Here’s an inside look at the five specific steps you can take to start getting measurable results from the time you spend on LinkedIn.
CREATE a customer-focused profile
- Use special profile sections and the Professional Gallery to highlight your area(s) of expertise.
- In addition to the Contact Info and Advice for Contacting sections, consider including your preferred contact information in your Summary and Current Job Experience sections.
- Include specific calls to action throughout your profile to encourage readers to engage with you.
CONNECT with your prospects
- Use Advanced People Search, Company Search, Alumni, Groups, People You May Know, and Who’s Viewed Your Profile to find new prospects.
- Use a five-star invitation to reach out to potential prospects. Include where you met (if applicable) and/or how you could help each other.
- Always be on the lookout for quality connections. The larger your network, the more opportunity for business growth.
CONSTRUCT a targeted prospect list
- Use advanced features like tags, network sorting options, and LinkedIn Contacts to group prospects who have similar buyer characteristics.
- Download your connections database. You can then filter and sort the names for use outside of LinkedIn.
- Consider upgrading to one of the premium LinkedIn accounts to receive additional profile sorting and saving options.
COMMUNICATE with your network
- Stay in front of your audience by making daily status updates.
- Use direct messaging to contact your first-level connections and fellow group members. But don’t contact them too often or sell too hard or they may remove you from their network.
- Increase your exposure by engaging in group discussions and “liking,” “sharing” or commenting on other people’s status updates.
CAPITALIZE on existing relationships
- Connect with all of your existing clients/customers.
- Search their networks to find out who they know
- Get referrals, recommendations, and endorsements. It’s easy–just ask!
Need more help executing your own personal LinkedIn 5 C’s plan? Check out my comprehensive online training course Explode Your Revenues Using LinkedIn and save $100 if you register before midnight 8/26.